Newgate is a local family business designing, making and importing clocks and eyewear, selling on Amazon, our website, and to homewares stores and supermarkets in the UK, USA and other countries.
You will be working with our supply chain team, warehouse and design studio to assist with product development and ongoing quality improvements.
- Assessing and maintaining our high quality product standards
- Problem solving quality issues when they arise
- New product development – liaising with our design studio and our suppliers in China to deliver a smooth transition from product concept to finished product
- Keeping data on the supply chain to be presented to the wider business
- Take on any other tasks and ad hoc duties as requested to support the wider business
- Identify quality improvements and implement efficiencies
- Communication with overseas factories.
- Ensure information is communicated in a timely manner and conveyed to appropriate parties.
- Identify and resolve technical issues during development and manufacture.
- Track and manage the sample process, comment and submit approvals.
- Confidently troubleshoot product issues.
- Analyse and test products, collate data and report.
We would like you to have:
- Have confidence in working across the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Be quick to pick up new software.
- Have previous experience in a commercial environment
- Would suit someone with a background in quality assurance, product development, engineering or that has worked as a technologist.
Your benefits will include:
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays PLUS holiday loyalty scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Free parking.
LOCATION; OSWESTRY, SHROPSHIRE.
If this sounds like the right job for you, we have a few questions to ask so that we can find about more about you.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED WITH A COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION FORM AND CV.