Newgate is a local family business designing, making and importing clocks and eyewear, selling on Amazon, our website, and to homewares stores and supermarkets in the UK, USA and other countries.
We’re looking for an all-rounder in product design to join our studio team working on product development for Newgate Clocks, Jones Clocks and London Mole Eyewear. We create everything in house, so you will be working on anything from new product development, packaging design, 3D modelling and printing, as well as assisting with maintaining our Shopify websites and Amazon storefronts and listings, creating marketing content and material and taking photos and videos. We invite product designers with an understanding of, and interest in fashion and homewares, or graphic designers with an interest in product design.
Your role will include:
- Delivering projects from idea to execution across a breadth of media.
- Developing new product and packaging ideas and briefs from concept to 3D printed prototypes and final technical specs.
- Creating customer pitches.
- Assist with design of printed and digital marketing material including email marketing.
- Assisting in the maintaining our Shopify websites.
- Assisting in the care and maintenance of our Amazon stores and content.
- Creating 3D graphics, photography and videography.
- Working to the brand aesthetics.
We would like you to be:
- Able to demonstrate an excellent portfolio of work, showcasing creativity and a high standard of execution.
- Enthusiastic about fashion, lifestyle and homeware design, and passionate about product design.
- Highly organised with a meticulous eye for detail.
- A team player and natural collaborator as well as confident in working independently.
- Proactive with an enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Able to multi-task and with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Highly skilled in some, or all, of the following software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, CorelDRAW, Rhino, VRay, Bongo, Keyshot, After Effects.
Your benefits will include:
- Rewarding role as a valued team member in a commercial environment.
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays PLUS holiday loyalty scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Free parking.
LOCATION; OSWESTRY, SHROPSHIRE.
If this sounds like the right job for you, we have a few questions to ask so that we can find about more about you.
Applications will only be considered with a completed online application form and CV.